The selenite is a variety of the mineral known as gypsum, its name in Greek is “Selene” which in Spanish means moon. This stone is in the form of transparent crystals or crystalline masses. Its name does not come from its high selenium content, but rather from its similarity to moonlight. This stone is also believed to descend from the moon. Selenite was named after Selene, the Greek goddess of the moon.
Characteristics of selenite
- The selenite is able to connect with other lives, and tell us the problems in which we work, and shows possible solutions.
- In the psychological area, it is capable of enhancing judgment and compression. It also cleanses the mind of confusion and helps stabilize emotions.
- Selenite stone has some variations among them: the desert rose.
- This stone is transparent and can be easily divided. In ancient times it became popular as a crystal.
- Currently it is used for the creation and elaboration of lamps, or for obtaining plaster.
- This stone has great properties and benefits to contribute to the body, mind and soul. This crystal is capable of opening the chackras and of benefiting the digestive and respiratory system.
- It is one of the softest crystals since it has a hardness of 1.2 to 2 on the Mohs scale.
- Depending on the particles found inside, this crystal can change its transparency.
- It is useful to clean other crystals. Placing other stones on a large selenite will have a cleaning effect on the other stones.
Most often it is colorless and can form small tubes like sugar bars. However, it can also be found in shades of gray, gold, and white.
A clear, transparent stone capable of offering clarity and stimulating brain activity. The selenite stone is known as one of the cleanest.
Its symbolism is quite enigmatic and interesting, since due to its transparency, selenite stone is our pure mental state, of course, an expanded consciousness.
It is a delicate stone, widely used in the healing crystal and to treat people suffering from epilepsy.
The name of this crystal has an important reference in Selene, the Greek goddess of selenite . Contrary to what many think, despite having selenium, the amount is small. Hence the name of the stone is not related to selenium.
Its main components are crystalline hydrated calcium sulfate gypsum, CaSO4 2H2O, which were these transparent crystals with white dots. It is a very different and beautiful stone fact.
It has a very interesting feature that only selenite stone has, which is the energy to clean the remaining crystals. Therefore, those who work with crystal healing cannot give up having this mineral always around.
Acts power of people and the environment of cleaning, so people who work with crystals should always trust the stone.
The largest selenite deposits are found in countries such as Germany and Macedonia. However, in a deposit that was in a town in Chihuahua, Mexico, specifically in Naica, crystals of approximately 10 meters in length have been found, weighing up to 50 tons.
Formerly, during the Roman Empire, they were in Segóbriga, where the largest selenite deposit was located .
Properties of selenite
On an emotional level
- It is responsible for transmitting peace and tranquility to people who suffer from anguish.
- It is a crystal that helps to have strength to face life’s problems.
- It provides security and firmness.
- It is a good ally to combat sadness and melancholy.
On a spiritual level
- It helps clarify the mind and disperses those negative emotions, giving way to understanding.
- Feed honesty and good feelings.
- Open the door to angelic consciousness.
- It does an excellent job when it comes to meditation.
- Help open the seventh chackra.
- It allows the connection with other dimensions and allows you to transmit messages to beings full of light, in the same way it is an excellent way to receive those messages that the spirits are sending you. For this reason it has received the name of stone phone.
- Feng Shui professionals recommend placing a selenite lamp anywhere in the home, as this will allow the environment to be harmonized. It is also in charge of emitting negative ions that are beneficial to humans as it reduces the levels of contamination found in the environment.
- strengthens the bones.
- Help patients suffering from arthritis and joint pain.
- It helps fight cancer.
- It is beneficial to treat those patients who suffer from epilepsy.
- Increases libido in the blood.
- Help on female fertility.
- Relieves pain in the spine and locks.
- It helps rejuvenate the body and soul.
- Eliminate confusion and mental conflicts.
- Accelerates our evolution.
- Calm the mind.
- It helps in strengthening mediumship.
- Selenite stone is most easily found in countries such as Australia, Mexico, Brazil, the United States, Greece, and Siberia.
- A very powerful crystal, capable of making connections to the higher planes.
- On the Mohs scale, which measures the hardness of minerals, the selenite stone reaches 1.5 to 2.
- Its formation occurs through the evaporation of sea water and can be in seas or lakes. It is closely linked with water, which is widely used for solving problems of an emotional nature.
- The stone is not considered valuable from a commercial point of view, however, for therapists who have a very important value, its energy is capable of cleaning and fighting negativity.
- This is a very sensitive glass and therefore cannot be cut.
Properties of selenite
This stone is considered a sacred crystal, since it provides multiple benefits for the mind and body. In ancient times alchemists took notes on parchments and kept the secret for a long time, in these documents it was dated that selenite was more than a simple mineral and that its virtues were multiple. Many of these characters were burned and tried as traitors and sorcerers because many people did not believe in the virtues of this stone.
The selenite has a very fine vibration, but is able to provide an incredible mental clarity, in turn allows the opening of the chakras, working with the third eye. For those people who want to increase their telepathic abilities, just place a selenite stone on the sixth chackra. This stone is capable of instilling peace and spiritual work.
Due to its energetic power it is able to self-clean other crystals, spaces, objects and of course the aura of people. To clean other crystals or an object you just have to place them on a few sheets of selenite , she alone will do the cleaning job.
How to clean selenite?
This stone should never be cleaned with water, since due to its composition it can be damaged, and it gradually disintegrates. Selenite stone has the particularity of being a self-cleaning stone, therefore it is not necessary to expose it to any liquid.
Use of selenite stone
If you use this stone for meditation, you only have to place the crystal within the energy field and in this way you can obtain greater concentration.
You should always carry a piece of this stone with you, in this way it will help you to keep emotional issues aside, and it will help you to keep the balance between body, spirit and soul.
To achieve spiritual growth, you can place on the third eye, for 10 or 15 minutes, the selenite stone .
- The selenite is a natural crystal that forms in certain climatic conditions, especially at a specific temperature. It has been revealed that the saline composition found in the Naica deposit was exposed to more than 50 ºC.
- The selenite stone is directly related to the sign of Sagittarius. However, it can also be used by people of the bull signal, the activation of peace and the third eye.
- It was found that in the Naica mine, large selenite stone formations exceeding 11 meters and 45 tons were located more than 300 meters underground .
- It is important to note that the plaster formations grow every 100 years.
- The mineralologist Johan Gottschalk Wallerius, was the one in charge of assigning the name of selenite to the mineral, and in turn was the one in charge of placing the synonym of transparent plaster.