The Sapphire is a variety of the mineral corundum, it is a bluish gem found in bauxite, rutile and hematite. This stone is as relevant and valuable as diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Here, we will discuss about sapphire healing properties.
Its name is due to the Latin term “sapphirus”, which in Spanish translates to “blue gem”. This stone can be found in other colors thanks to the oxide impurities that are added during its formation.
In ancient Persia, the rulers believed that the sky was tinted blue thanks to the reflection of the Sapphire stones . This stone was also sacred to the Catholic Church since they agreed on the same theory.
There were religions that venerated this gem as it represented heaven for them.
- Previously, the theory was that the Sapphire stones are apocalyptic, because in the place where the Ten Commandments were written it was a Sapphire stone. This means either that it was a small script, or that the Sapphire was created by man and not by nature.
- The Sapphire is a mineral very hard, is below the diamond. It was used by the Romans and the Egyptians to carry out engraving works.
Currently this gem is highly appreciated and used in jewelry
- The Sapphire gem is a variety of corundum, which features beautiful blue hues.
- Its hardness is 9 on the Mohs scale.
- This stone is often confused with lapis lazuli.
- In Book XXXVII this stone is found among the rocks of the air that the ancients considered to be linked to heaven.
- This stone is a symbol of divine justice, trust, courage, and joy.
White Quartz Healing Properties
Tiger Eye Stone Healing Properties
Sapphire’s spiritual properties
- For many years the Sapphire stone was related to the acts of chastity, repentance and piety. Increasing wisdom, perception and understanding of everything around us.
- The Sapphire serves to find serenity and peace of mind. It also helps promote sincerity and innocence.
- The Sapphire gem is associated with romanticism, representing fidelity and devotion.
- It is an ideal stone to increase faith, joy and hope.
- The Sapphire helps connect with spiritual power, cunning, and prosperity.
- It is an ideal stone to focus and radiate your energy in the fulfillment of desires.
- The Blue Sapphire is an element wind, which activates the mind, communication and all higher levels.
- It generates mental strength and wisdom to face negative situations.
- This stone is ideal to use in alternative therapies, since it allows us to remember other lives, and lessons that we have already been taught.
- Improves the state of hypnosis and trance.
Sapphire physical properties
- It is a stone that has a trigonal crystalline structure.
- The Sapphire resembles the ruby, this is because it belongs to your family.
- It is considered a very beautiful and striking stone.
- Most of the time this stone is presented in blue, but there are also other varieties of Sapphire.
Sapphire physicochemical properties
- This stone contains aluminum, iron and titanium oxide.
- In its raw state it presents dipyramidal crystals.
- In addition, the Sapphire has a density of 4-4.1 g / cm3.
Sapphire Physical Healing Energy
- It helps to cure any ailment that occurs in the body.
- Allows to relieve insomnia.
- It is used as an elixir to purify the body.
- Sapphire is used to cure infections related to the eyes.
- It is also used to relieve headaches, bleeding, fever, ear problems, etc.
- Blue Sapphire is a beneficial stone for the thyroid and glands that are swollen.
- It is also useful for blood disorders, and degenerative diseases.
Sapphire Emotional Healing Energy
- It helps us to get rid of our internal prisons, and psychic suffering.
- It is of great help for neurosis or psychosis treatments.
- Sapphire helps release depression that is trapped in your body.
- It is an ideal stone to relieve mood.
- Sapphire helps provide calm, concentration and restore balance.
- He is able to help those people who are influenced by others.
- Helps to strengthen self-esteem and self-confidence.
Chakra Healing and Balance Energy
The Sapphire stone emanates strong rays, which are ideal for awakening the chackra of the throat and the third eye. Work alongside these chackras to effectively support better insight, communication, skill, and focus.
Main deposits of Zafiro
Sapphires are stones that are widely distributed in different parts of the world, their origin not only indicates their quality but also their value. The most relevant deposits are Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, Kashmir, Tanzania, Madagascar, Australia, USA, and Ceylon.
- Sapphires from Burma : they are Sapphires with a great blue color, intense and deep, with a slight violet hue.
- Ceylon Sapphires : They are characterized by having a pale blue color, however, some specimens have a darker hue.
- Cashmere Sapphires : These mined stones are of high quality and feature a deep blue color. Despite the fact that these mines are not currently in operation, some similar gems are named by this name due to their similarity.
- Sapphires of Montana (USA) : it has a pale color, and slight metallic inks.
- Sapphires from Africa : their colors are much lighter than the previous ones.
- Sapphires of Tanzania : they have a shade similar to those of Ceylon.
- Sapphires of Australia : They have a light blue color, these Sapphires are the least appreciated.
- Sapphires of Madagascar : these Sapphire stones are very similar to those of Ceylon, their only difference is that they have a slightly more violet color.
Sapphire uses and properties
This stone has various uses, the most common is in jewelry. Jewelry has been made since ancient times, for example: rings and earrings, with this rock because it has an attractive bright blue color.
Many people believe that Sapphire allows you to release unwanted thoughts and that it brings both peace of mind and spirit.
One of the main properties of Sapphire is healing, this stone allows pain relief and heal the chackras.
How to Clean Sapphire Jewelry
Take a piece of soft cloth to remove dirt and grease from the stone’s surface, then take a bowl of ammonia and warm water and soak the piece for 10-20 minutes.
In case dirt is found in the stone it is recommended to carve with a soft bristle brush. Finally rinse the stone with clean water to remove any residue, and dry with a soft cloth.
- It is one of the most popular gemstones on the market, more than ruby, emerald and diamond.
- Thanks to its hardness, the Sapphire is positioned as the third hardest mineral on the planet.
- It is generally found in blue tones, however, it can also be found in white, brown, yellow, orange, violet, pink, among others.
- It belongs to the Corundum family, and although the color of this stone depends on the adhesion of impurities, the rocks that are not red are called Sapphires.
- In 1902 the first synthetic sapphires were created thanks to the French chemist Auguste Verneuil.
- The largest Sapphire specimen ever found was called Adam. It is a blue gem of about 1404.50 carats, which was found in a mine in Sri Lanka in 2015. Its value ranges from $ 175 million.
- The largest carved sapphire in the world is called “Millennium Sapphire” and is 61,000 carats.
- The Sapphire with the highest record achieved is the “Blue Belle of Asia”, this rock has 392.52 carats, has excellent clarity and transparency, so it was auctioned on November 11, 2014, for the value of $ 17,295,796. Each carat cost $ 44,063.
- One of the largest Sapphires to date is the “Star of India”, which is a 563.35 carat cabochon cut star Sapphire, in which the star can be seen on both sides. This beautiful rock comes from the deposits of Sri Lanka, and can currently be seen in the American Museum of Natural History in New York. The gem was purchased by a gemologist named Tiffany.
- George Kunz, commissioned by JP Morgan. The serious exhibition in Paris of 1920, and after this exhibition JP Morgan donated all the jewels to the museum.