Ruby Quartz Healing Properties

Ruby stone

The word ruby derives from the Latin “rubber” (red). Many precious stones were called ruby ​​until science allowed them to be distinguished. Centuries ago, rubies, garnets, and spinels did not differ from each other and were called “carbuncles.” The Greeks called them “anthrax” (live coal) because they showed the color of burning coal when exposed to the sun. We will provide some main ruby quartz healing properties.

Ruby (chemical composition).

This gemstone is a variety of Corundum (aluminum oxide crystal). Ruby owes its red color to chrome, but the great presence of iron in other specimens makes its coloration brown. It is important to note that this stone is 80% red, as the remaining 20% ​​shows shades of pink, purple, orange, or lilac.

Main ruby ​​deposits.

Formerly Sri Lanka was the main source of ruby ​​extraction in approximately 480 BC. This stone is later said to have originated in the Mogok Valley in central Burma. Today Burma has a deposit in Möng Hsu in the northeast of this country. Other countries that have an extraction of this precious stone are Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kenya, India, China, Mozambique, Madagascar, Thailand, Vietnam, and Tanzania.

Ruby stone physical properties.

  • Color: bright red.
  • Raya: Blanca.
  • Luster: vitreous.
  • Crystal system: trigonal.
  • Crystalline habit: massive
  • Hardness: 9 (Mohs).

Origin of the ruby ​​stone.

This stone forms in prismatic, bipyramidal, rhombohedral, or tabular crystals and massive or granular habits. Its shine is vitreous. The most valuable specimens are pure red, without a mixture of yellow or purple or blue, although in reality, they are pure red with a touch of purple or blue. Its tonality varies according to the place of extraction.

Ruby stone (story).

The Hindus formerly believed that the ruby stone had a fire within it. They said that this stone guaranteed their life. Still, in the Middle Ages, they convince that this gem possessed fortune-telling powers and its color became darker if misfortune was indoor. The inhabitants of Burma used the ruby ​​as a talisman against bad luck, disease, and injury. This gemstone was once known as drops of blood from the heart of the earth. A poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson described ruby ​​as “icy drops of wine flowing from the vat of Eden.”

Ruby physical characteristics.

Ruby is a two-color gem, red-orange or purple-red (dichroic), so a ruby ​​will never have more than 80% pure red since the other 20% will correspond to the other colors that usually characterize this stone.

This stone is expensive and strange among all the gems that exist, even much rarer than diamond—these gems present specimens with superior quality. In addition to transparency, these specimens classify with the initials AAA.

As previously mentioned, chrome is responsible for the color and inclusions of this stone. Ruby inclusions are subtle and microscopic and called silk; some rubies affect delicately distributing light, accentuating their beauty and value. If observed under sunlight or a white light source, this stone will display a bright red fluorescence.

 Ruby varieties.

  • The AAA AAA ruby has high purity. When refined, it increases its value, but it is present in small quantities.
  • Ruby from Madagascar: it is a cheaper option, but it presents delicate silk, making it take up more space in the gem market.
  • The star ruby: in this specimen, the light, when reflected in two or more directions, shows a clear and evident six-pointed star. In some cases (very few), twelve-pointed stars show.
  • In it, the ruby ​​cat’s eye inclusions of Rutilium reveal in the form of needles that reflect light and show as a cat’s pupil.

Ruby cleaning and care.

This gemstone can expose to normal cleanings, either by steam or by ultrasound. The use of solvents should avoid since this gem has empty spaces, fillings, fissures, and cavities. For this reason, it exposes to irreversible damage.

Ruby NewAge Properties.

It is an excellent stone for activating energies, energizes and balances. It also distributes vigor to live, taking special care with delicate people as they could be over-stimulated.

And, it has an action on the heart’s chakra, makes you happy, encourages you, encourages positive dreams, and gives a clear visualization.

It brings a positive and courageous state to mind. It also transmutes feelings of anger and eliminates negative energy.

Emotionally it is responsible for increasing passion and enthusiasm.

Ruby energy properties.

  • Overcome tiredness and lethargy.
  • It stimulates circulation and vitalizes the entire system.
  • It is stimulating for people who suffer from irritability.
  • Calm hyperactivity in some people.
  • It deepens the relationship as a couple, promoting closeness and commitment.
  • It helps to maintain and restore passion.
  • And, it can increase the chances of conception.
  • It brings greater awareness and concentration.
  • Increase success in disputes and controversies.
  • Sharpen the mind.
  • Reduces fear of evil and paranormal
  • Protects against psychological and psychological attacks
  • Banish the nightmares.
  • Protects the house from intruders and fire
  • It strengthens the heart, ventricles, arteries, myocardium and also stimulates good blood circulation.
  • Regulates menstrual flow and relieves stomach pain.
  • It uses for treatments of impotence, sexual dysfunction, and infertility.
  • Detoxifies the body, lymph, and blood.
  • Treats fevers and infections of the body
  • It helps regulate weight, especially when caused by emotional eating.
  • Let’s share the loving energy.
  • It gives strength to rise from sadness, suffering, or martyrdom.
  • It fosters a more positive and courageous state of mind.
  • Protects sensitive people
  • Release destructive emotional retentions.
  • Develop a loving attitude towards yourself.
  • It leads to independence and spontaneous leadership.
  • It mainly uses in the world of jewelry, with ruby ​​watches, rings, bracelets, chains, charms, among many other pieces of jewelry, including the crowns of kings make.
  • Also, some medical instruments make with this stone.
  • At an industrial and technological level, ruby ​​uses to manufacture helium-ruby lasers or pure ruby ​​lasers.

Ruby healing properties.

Ruby emotional properties.

Ruby Quartz Healing Properties

Uses of ruby.

Ruby imitations.

There are currently synthetic rubies such as Flux, Hydrothermal, and Verneuil.

These synthetic rubies contain glass fillers of borax or silica, which distinguish by bubbles.

Others treat by the lead glass, which applies to very low-quality Corundum, in which bubbles also observe.

Some fill with epoxies, oils or resins, even dyes.

Some imitations cover with metallic oxides that spread outside the Corundum, changing the original color to more intense.

Beryllium diffusion treatments, where the Corundum coat with beryllium, penetrate the crystal lattice and significantly alter the color.

In the market, there are imitations of ruby ​​that can be synthetic or natural stones.

Read More

Blue Quartz Healing Properties

Jet Healing Properties

White Quartz Healing Properties

Ruby Fun Facts.

  • The ruby ​​has been part of the symbol of royalty. Also, famous people like Elizabeth Taylor, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis prefer this stone as a jewel.
  • It is only enough to scratch a ruby ​​with a coin to know if it is authentic or not. Thanks to its hardness, it is a mineral difficult to break.
  • Currently, the ruby ​​laser uses to remove hyperpigmentation and tattoos and also to permanently remove body hair.
  • During the Mughal period in India, princes bought the most beautiful rubies in Burma to use and embed in dagger handles and decorate and cover their thrones.
  • The largest ruby ​​found to date weighed 3,421 carats in the year 1,961. When carved, it broke, but the largest fragment weighed 750 carats.
  • The oldest and most important jewel in the Bohemian crown belonged to Saint Wenceslas, a ruby ​​stone weighing 250 carats. This crown currently preserves in Prague Castle.
  • In 1919, sometime after the end of the First World War, a 43-carat ruby ​​specimen was found, called Peace Ruby.

Other rubies called “Edwar” which weighs 167 carats and is in the British Museum of Natural History in London; 138-carat “Rosser Reeves” is in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington; and 100-carat “Estrella-Long,” which is in the American Museum of Natural History in New York.

Leave a Comment