The magnetite can be easily found in excavations, because inside are minerals like iron and other elements seen in modern chemistry. Magnetite healing properties are unique.
This stone owes its name to a great Greek city in which it was very present, and was easy to find. This mineral was very popular in ancient Greece.
During the 6th century BC a shepherd from a region of Asia Minor, specifically, from Magnesia found a stone capable of attracting iron. This was called “magnesia stone”, later it was also called Magnetite . Due to the virtue it had in attracting iron, magnetism was named. Various names such as magnet stone, magnet, among others, were attributed to this stone.
The rare property of this stone amazed Thales of Miletus, and by conducting experiments he was able to discover that this stone was capable of attracting an iron object, and while those objects were attached to the stone they could attract others.
Thales is said to have discovered that if a needle or one of the stones were left free to rotate it would always point North-South. However, no one records that it was he who discovered this fact. But if it is established that the ancient Chinese noticed the same fact in the 2nd century AD
It is unknown how this knowledge came to Europe, it is said that perhaps it was during the Christian crusades. The truth is that in 1180 the English Alexander Neckam was the first to mention this skill and take advantage of it for navigation. It didn’t take long for Europeans to improve this instrument and invent the compass.
Compasses were the ones who allowed Europeans to carry out so many expeditions, conquests and exchanges, managing to guide themselves with this device through the great seas and oceans, and initiating great explorations in the year 1420.
- Its chemical formula is: Fe + Fe2 + o3 or Fe3 + O4.
- The magnetite is composed largely of iron oxide, but can get many impurities, replacing the first two irons.
- Its crystals are well formed in the form of an octahedron, sometimes its crystals are in the form of a dodecahedron.
- This rock can be found in bulk, granules, or in large embedded crystals.
- The Magnetite is one of the minerals more expended worldwide.
- This mineral is extremely dense, fragile, hard, and it also has ferromagnetic properties.
- It is said that this stone can cure gout, and allow connection with the gods.
- Magnetite has a blackish brown color, with metallic sparkles.
- Previously this rock was called a magnet stone.
- In ancient times it was used as an elixir to verify the chastity of women.
- It is currently used to cure problems related to the spine and vertebra.
- This stone has a hardness between 5.5 and 6.5 on the Mohs scale.
- It has magnetic properties, that is, it is capable of attracting iron objects.
- It helps dissipate negative energies, and absorbs positive energies. At the same time it absorbs those negative energies that are in the body.
- It favors meditation and telepathy.
Meaning of the name of the Magnetite
Its name is due to the region where it was first found, that is, the Magnesia region in Asia Minor.
Properties of Magnetite
The properties of Magnetite are directly related to emotional well-being.
The Magnetite allows to achieve tranquility, this dark stone is capable of generating peace and emotional serenity allowing happiness to be achieved. Throughout life, people often go through many situations of stress, restlessness, fear, worries, etc. But this stone allows calm.
Another property of this great stone is that it increases positivism in people. The Magnetite helps replace negative thoughts with positive ones , improving your physical and mental wellbeing.
Blue Quartz Healing Properties
Green Quartz Healing Properties
Labradorite Stone Healing Properties
- The Magnetite is a great natural anti – inflammatory used in various therapies.
- It also allows the muscles to relax, as well as helping to improve the circulatory and respiratory systems.
- It helps improve skin problems and benefits hair, liver, kidneys, and bladder.
- Stops the growth of cancer cells.
Magnetite deposits are numerous because this stone is found in large quantities around the world. The largest deposit is located in Sweden, specifically, in the Kiruna mountains. This place is endowed with Magnetites, it is almost completely made up of stone, and that is why it is protected.
Other countries where Magnetite can be found are: Norway, Great Britain, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Finland, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Romania, Colombia, and Thailand.
Uses of Magnetite
- It is used to achieve emotional balance.
- It is used for the manufacture of compasses.
- It is used in some constructions of buildings or houses.
- It is a highly collected stone.
- Placing it on the forehead helps to cure eye related problems.
- It is used as an accessory, that is, a necklace, bracelet or ring, this allows to eliminate complexes and shyness.
- Placing a Magnetite rock over your throat helps protect you from contagious diseases.
- Holding this stone on the crown helps to free the mind from bad thoughts, cure depression and moods.
- Placing the Magnetite over the navel will solve digestive problems.
- Carrying one of these stones allows you to attract good luck.
- It can be used to hold metal objects (if the stone is small you can only hold light objects like nails or clips).
- It is recommended to place it in the children’s room and thus reduce their hyperactivity.
- It is recommended to place this stone near us while we sleep, preferably under the pillow.
It is recommended that this stone be submerged in water for several hours, or days. The water should be changed every time bubbles are noticed and the stone must be removed when this no longer occurs. If preferred, the stone should be cleaned in a natural stream, that is, a river, lake, or sea. Finally, the stone is rinsed under running water to remove any particles and it is dried with a piece of cloth
When storing this stone it must be done in a cool place and where no other stones are found since its magnetism could cause some damage to them.
Curiosities of the Magnetite
- It is possible to find traces of Magnetite in the brains of some bees, fish and birds. These crystals are said to give them their sense of orientation, especially when migrating; for example, bees allow them to find their food on cloudy days by sequentially tracking the images.
- In 1992 a discovery was made by JL Kirschvink in the human brain. Here, small particles of minerals similar to Magnetite were found, whose morphological structure closely resembles.
- The compatible signs with this stone are: Aries, Cancer, Virgo, and Capricorn. This is due to its great connection to the earth.
- The Magnetite stone has various colorations, which are a little difficult to identify. However, the most frequent are those that have a gray scale hue.
- Jet or Amber with Magnetite : the combination of two of these stones is highly active. Amber and Jet are capable of accumulating an electrical charge as long as they are placed close to the skin. Together they help raise the energy of the auric field.
- Green serpentine with Magnetite : it is one of the best stones in Kundalini. Hematites have a great affinity with this stone since they have a similar composition. Other stones that can be combined are: Red Jasper, Blizzard Stone, Cuprite and of course Serpentine.
- Quartz with Magnetite : this stone is a natural amplifier, that is why the combination of quartz and Magnetite allows to increase the energy of the first stone.
Combination of Magnetite with other stones
Other stones that are compatible with the Magnetite will be named below:
- Smoky quartz
- Black obsidian.
- Black tourmaline.
- Apache tears.
- Nefrita de Jade.
- Chama stones.
- Ascension stones.
- Yellow Labradorite.