Unakite semi-precious stone
The name of unakita is due to its discovery in the Unaka Range in North Carolina in the United States, it is a granite composed of pink orthoclase, quartz and colorless green epidote. Its shades vary from green and pink with a mottled appearance. When this stone is of good quality, it is considered semi-precious, it is easy to polish and thanks to this it is widely used by jewelers. Another name for this stone is epidote. In some samples that come from the Cordillera Azul they present an ocellated gneiss with foliation.
The green epidote that predominates in this stone results from the metasomatic alteration of plagioclase. However, orthoclases and quartz crystals are not altered.
The Unakite is in glacial boulders stacking and sea shores and pebbles also in valleys of waterways. This material lacks feldspar, in this case it would be epidosite.
Physical properties of unakite.
- Group: silicates.
- Color: salmon-green.
- Crystal system: monoclinic.
- Crystal habit: prismatic.
- Hardness: 6 – 7 (Mohs).
- Fracture: uneven.
- Exfoliation: good.
- Brightness: vitreous.
- Stripe: colorless-grayish.
- Transparency: translucent.
- Specific weight: 3.4.
- Refractive index: 1.74 – 1.78.
Main characteristics of unakita.
It is considered a metamorphic rock with granitic characteristics, which mixes minerals such as quartz, feldspar and epidote. Thanks to its composition it presents shades that combine salmon tones with green, it also has specks or spots of different colors.
It is difficult to establish the specific properties of this stone since they have an association of minerals, for this reason, it does not belong to any specific crystallographic system, and does not have its own chemical formula.
It can be said that this stone is a jasper type, and it is found in natural, coarser forms, polished stones and in boulders.
It can be found in natural, coarser shapes, or in boulders and polished stones.
The chemical formula of each of its mineral elements is: Quartz SiO2 + Epidote Ca2 (Fe, Al) Al2 [O | OH | SiO4 | Si2O7], and Orthoclase K [AlSi3O8].
Deposits where unakite is extracted.
The United States is the main producer of unakite , but other countries have deposits of this stone, for example, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Brazil and China.
General uses of unakite.
This semi-precious mineral is widely used for jewelry, especially for making baroque jewelry stones, for example, rings, bracelets, necklaces, charms, earrings, pendants, among others.
The art industry also makes use of unakite in the production of art objects. These stones are highly appreciated by collectors, while at the esoteric level their use is intended for meditation sessions and rituals.
Native Americans use these stones to make all kinds of local crafts.
Therapeutic uses of unakite.
- Awaken the spiritual vision
- Reduces electronic and electromagnetic pollution.
- For the female and male reproductive system.
- Remove the spiritual blocks.
- Anchor and settle the meditation.
- For depression and anxiety.
- It diminishes the tensions of the body and the mind.
- Harmonizes Ying and Yang.
Benefits of unakita for the body and mind.
This stone brings many benefits to whoever owns it, especially at the level of the mind.
The unakita allows the harmonization of the body and spirit, since it manages to focus on achieving goals that have been proposed. Fundamentally, when chaos strikes a person, this stone provides a mental organization.
He is able to define if we really love a person or not, since it clarifies the panorama if there are doubts about what it feels like to love.
The Unakite releases the feeling of frustration caused by the unexpected failure does not allow the emotional blockage, as well as counteracts the damage long repressed feelings.
If we have this stone nearby, it will make us focus on the present, without wasting time on yesterday and accepting lived experiences.
It provides improvement in our perspective on life events, showing a clear direction where we can continue to achieve our goals.
Depression and melancholy are counteracted by this stone, supplying vitality and energy. It also avoids the contempt of an individual himself.
If this stone is used in meditation, it is able to resolve emotional conflicts that are caused by self-rejection.
Mental health and unakita.
In some cases, the unakita is said to receive the title “stone of visions”; since it is related to the development of the third eye. It means that with this rock you can see the past and the future, giving effective solutions to the problems that arise.
Energetic and healing properties of unakite.
- Improves and stimulates blood flow.
- The lack of iron in the blood is balanced by this stone.
- It stimulates the nervous system in a good way.
- Contributes to the regeneration of the skin and hair growth.
- Gallbladder and liver problems are fought by unakite .
- Reproductive system complications are treated by this mineral.
- Contributes to carrying a healthy pregnancy.
- It helps in sexual dysfunctions.
- It favors the thyroid gland.
- In the convalescence of chronic diseases this stone helps for a speedy recovery and improvement.
- Helps in heart problems (murmurs, tachycardias).
- It stimulates the acquisition of weight if it is necessary (Anorexia).
- If it is used in gardens, it facilitates the growth of plants.
- Relieves problems caused in the psychological and physical development of children.
- Radiations produced by electromagnetic devices are fought by unakite .
- It improves meditation and concentration at work.
- For couples and lovers it serves as a love charm.
- Helps channel positive energies.
- The personal growth of the human being is stimulated by this stone.
- This stone emits a calming energy aura.
- Help in grieving circumstances.
- The unakita promotes an atmosphere of optimism and serenity.
- The emotional and spiritual aspects of an individual are reinforced, helping them to see a new perspective on life.
- In cases of depression and low self-esteem, this stone is effective in reducing these symptoms.
- It provides a balance in the emotions.
- When the mind is scattered, this stone helps concentration.
- It can be said that she is visionary, the unakita can show you the answer.
- The body, emotional, physical and spiritual are fused by the unakita .
- Heals old traumas and problems caused in past lives.
- The energetic strength of this mineral is subtle and smooth, but very effective.
- Righteousness that leads to correct action.
Cleaning and allergizing unakite.
Cleaning the unakita.
To cleanse all these energies of the unakite mineral , wash with tap water for about five minutes.
They would energize from the unakita.
To recharge the unakita , you must leave it in the sun for two hours. Another way to recharge it is by leaving it in the moonlight for four hours, so that your spiritual forces are balanced.
If this stone is submerged in sea water, it will manage to enhance your spiritual energies.
Before using them for the first time, it is recommended:
Clean the stones well with incense, perhaps water during the new or waning moon and on the full moon it is recharged for the purposes for which you are going to use the gem. The stone should be used with care, as it is highly vibratory and very powerful, using them correctly.
How should unakite stone be used?
Firstly, to use the unakita , the objective must be taken into account.
Use a gem containing this stone daily, for energy protection, purify the aura, increase personal shine and elevate spirituality.
Keeping a good-sized stone in the room will improve ambient energy, transmit peace, and attract spiritual energies.
It is necessary to carry out a therapeutic treatment for 30 minutes to an hour trying to visualize a blue-green light, with the eyes closed, this treatment must be performed by a person who has a lot of concentration.
Fun facts about unakita.
Motivated that this rock in terms of its appearance is highly variable, it does not belong to any crystallographic system, and it does not have its own chemical formula.
From before the arrival of the whites, the Indians of the Cherokee tribe gave it the name unakita because it was discovered in the Unaka Mountains in northern Tennessee, North Carolina (United States).
The nuances pattern of the unakita does not repeat an order, for that reason each design that is made is unique.
Native Americans used unakite to make handicrafts, goldsmiths, and ornamental pieces, a tradition that they maintain to this day.
It is important to observe and try to recognize the unakite , since sometimes it does not contain feldspar, if so, it would be an epidosite, which contains less striking nuances.
Anciently the Greeks gave unakita the name of “unakis-episodis”, which means it grew together.