These are the 7 best incenses to meditate
Incense is one of the elements that in many occasions accompany the meditation process, either in a group session or alone. The word incense comes from the Latin incensum , which means “to light”. Remains of incense have been found throughout the world that are thousands of years old, making it difficult to define its exact origin.
Incense is a combination of materials made from plants, fragrant woods, sap and essential oils, which emit an aromatic smoke when burned. Depending on the type of aroma and ingredients, its properties are different and focus on creating specific atmospheres to achieve the desired objective. Frankincense is closely linked to mysticism and ritual ceremonies.
The smell of incense does much more than flavor. It has the quality of purifying the environment and stimulating creativity, concentration and memory, and of course, inducing the states of deep relaxation necessary to meditate. Also, incense clears negative energy. In meditation and yoga practice incense is used to achieve states of clarity and concentration.
These are seven incenses that will induce you a state of relaxation and reflection, ideal for a meditation routine.
1) Musk . Its fragrance activates and energizes the aura. It is used to restore order and balance, eliminate negative influences, and align energies. Musk is associated with mystical states. It is ideal to purify negative influences the environments, since it magnetizes the places positively and fosters inner peace.
2) Jasmine . This incense stimulates all the senses. Helps calm anxiety, relax muscles, and relieve headaches. Also, among its properties is opening the way to enlightenment, bringing dreams to memory and producing states of high happiness.
3) Nag Champa . Nag Champa incense is produced by the mixture of sandalwood, floral oils, spices and resins. Its scent helps mental concentration, relax nerves and lessen the negative effects of stress on the mind. This incense is one of the most used in meditation rituals.
4) Sandalwood . It is used to induce states of tranquility. Exposure to its fragrance stimulates the healing properties of this incense, which helps reduce pain and reduce depression. It is also related to the gift of clairvoyance and contact with other dimensional planes, as well as with psychic development and spiritual growth.
5) Vanilla . Finally, this delicious aroma is related to thought and intelligence. Lighting a wand during a yoga or meditation session amplifies the powers of the mind and memory. In addition, it is believed that it returns hope when there is a perception that things are not going well.
6) Copal. Copal is one of the most famous resins in Mexico, as it was the first one used in pre-Hispanic ceremonies. Copal has the property of being the best purifier of the environment in terms of negative energies, according to beliefs. Its scent is deep and persistent and induces mystical and relaxing states. Since its smoke is quite dense, we recommend using a very small amount, especially if you will be practicing yoga.
7) Palo santo. The palo santo is literally a piece of aromatic wood that is easily burned and is used mainly in healing rituals and is considered a sacred symbol. Its effects are to attract positive energies and induce the harmonic state of spiritual frequencies. Ideal to wrap yourself in its smoke before starting meditation.
ClairVoyant’s favorites: Nag Champa , palo santo and copal.
Now that you know, what do you think is the right one for you?